And that’s what I’d like to do. I used to make lists all the time when I was younger, I used to be so organised. I’d make lists before I went to bed and put them on the bedside cabinet. When I woke up the next morning, I’d be ready with my list so I wouldn’t forget tasks lay ahead of me for the day.
Now, I’m lucky if I remember to buy a refill for my Filofax every year.
This year I hope will be different.
I was thinking about making a list of things I want achieved and want to do by a certain age. For example, 26 things to do before I turn 26. But my birthday is in March, so that doesn’t leave me with much time to achieve my list of goals (some may be extreme).
So, I’ve decided to make a list of 30 things I’d like to do/achieve/see this year. In 2014, I’ll look back and hopefully be able to tick off the whole list, if not most of it.
I am one of those people that gets down when I haven’t reached goals I’ve set myself – especially if it’s reasonably achievable, so by sharing this, hopefully it’ll make me more determined to cross some of the goals off my list. I’m pretty excited to start planning and scheming to achieve some of these goals already!
30 before end of 2014 List
1. Read a book a month
2. Get a promotion/pay rise
3. Learn how to speak Greek
4. Try avocado (and not to be so afraid of it)
5. Go on one special date a month with the boyf
6. Learn how to play my guitar
8. Complete the Great South Run (and beat my first time from 2011)
9. Get every Nicholas Cage film on DVD (to date)
10. Learn how to whistle a tune (rather than a flat note)
11. Have a photo taken with someone famous
12. Find a nice warm clean flat/house to move into with the boyf
13. Buy a bigger fish tank with lots of plants for the fish
14. Start a book club
15. Be a size 10
16. Go to at least two live gigs
17. Go back to yoga (hot or not)
18. Upgrade my phone
19. Win an eating competition (possibly against my brother?)
20. Do more freelance work
21. Visit Amsterdam
22. Get Howl’s Moving Castle tattooed on my thigh
23. Get Mam a small tattoo (!!!)
24. Go on one special date a month with Lorna and Olly
25. Become self-hosted
26. Finish writing my book
27. Go to Paris for a (long?) weekend
28. Find a niche market and create an eBay shop
29. See a film at the cinema once a month
30. Get a new car
Let’s meet back this time next year to see how well I’ve done, do doubt I’ll be updating every so often with goals off the list. What goals do you have in mind for 2014?
Please vote for me in the National UK Blog Awards